hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <>
Subject Re: Hive Web Interface Error
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 19:10:44 GMT
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Karthik <> wrote:

> I'm using Hive 4.0 from CDH2 and I get this below error when I click on the
> "Create Session" link and provide a value for session name and hit the
> "submit query" button:
> Unexpected  while processing |-S|-h|-e|-f
> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.mortbay.log).
> This exception is printed on the server side (Jetty) logs and the page
> (browser) hangs for ever trying something.  Any quick solution?
> Regards,
> Karthik.

That is erroneous output which should be removed even though it does not
cause a problem.

Question 1? Are you using a JDBC metastore?

If you are not you can only have one hive session opened at once and the CLI
will probably lock out the web interface.

Any quick solution? hive 4.0 is an old release. I have not been tracking CDH
but I bet they offer a hive 5.0 release. Update to that, take a non CDH
release. or build your own hive from trunk.

View raw message