hive-user mailing list archives

From Yingyi Bu <buyin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not able to run Hive
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:35:09 GMT
Check this earlier thread:

That change my only be in trunk. Just in case he is referencing this.
be careful about lowering this. Queries with lots of AND/ORS will not
compile if you set this too low.

bin/ext/cli.sh
  else
      echo "Unable to determine Hadoop version information."
      echo "'hadoop version' returned:"
      echo `$HADOOP version`
      exit 6
  fi

  HADOOP_HEAPSIZE=4096
  HADOOP_OPTS="$HADOOP_OPTS -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit"

  if [ $minor_ver -lt 20 ]; then
      exec $HADOOP jar $AUX_JARS_CMD_LINE ${HIVE_LIB}/hive-cli-*.jar
$CLASS $HIVE_OPTS "$@"
  else
      # hadoop 20 or newer - skip the aux_jars option. picked up from hiveconf
      exec $HADOOP jar ${HIVE_LIB}/hive-cli-*.jar $CLASS $HIVE_OPTS "$@"
  fi

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Ning Zhang <nzhang@facebook.com> wrote:
It is in bin/ext/cli.sh. search for 4096.