hive-user mailing list archives

From Karthik <>
Subject Query HDFS files without using LOAD (move)
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 17:45:07 GMT
Is there a way where I can specify a list of files (or file pattern / regex) from a HDFS location
other than the Hive Warehouse as a parameter to a Hive Query?  I have a bunch of files that
are used by other applications as well and I need to perform queries on those as well using
Hive and so I do not want to use LOAD and move those files on to Hive warehouse from the original

My query is on incremental data (new files) that are added on a daily basis and need not use
the full list of files on a folder and so I need to specify a list of file / pattern, something
like a filter of files to the query.

Please suggest.

- KK.

View raw message