hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH interfering with startup of Hive Web Interface
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:08:59 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Dilip Joseph
<dilip.antony.joseph@gmail.com>wrote:

> The Hive Webserver fails to startup with the following error message,
> if HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH environment variable is set (works fine if
> unset).   Is this a bug?
>
> $ build/dist/bin/hive --service hwi
> Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar:
> -libjars
>        at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:90)
> Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
>        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
>        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)
>        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:70)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:88)
>
> Slightly modifying the command line to launch hadoop in hwi.sh solves
> the problem:
>
> $ diff bin/ext/hwi.sh  /tmp/new-hwi.sh
> 28c28
> <   exec $HADOOP jar $AUX_JARS_CMD_LINE ${HWI_JAR_FILE} $CLASS $HIVE_OPTS
> "$@"
> ---
> >   exec $HADOOP jar ${HWI_JAR_FILE}  $CLASS $AUX_JARS_CMD_LINE $HIVE_OPTS
> "$@"
>

> Dilip

Dilip,

>From looking at the starup for the CLI

  if [ $minor_ver -lt 20 ]; then
      exec $HADOOP jar $AUX_JARS_CMD_LINE ${HIVE_LIB}/hive-cli-*.jar $CLASS
$HIVE_OPTS "$@"
  else
      # hadoop 20 or newer - skip the aux_jars option. picked up from
hiveconf
      exec $HADOOP jar ${HIVE_LIB}/hive-cli-*.jar $CLASS $HIVE_OPTS "$@"
  fi

HWI probably needs similar logic. We do not really have any direct code
coverage of the startup scripts.

You can open a Jira ticket and assign it to me or tackle it if you would
like.

Edward