hive-user mailing list archives

From John Sichi <>
Subject storage handlers and HBase integration
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 02:51:27 GMT
Hey folks,

In case you're not following the action over at HIVE-705, we're getting close to having HBase
integration committed into Hive.  I've written up docs here:

(If you happened to read the first draft of the HBaseIntegration doc a few days ago, I've
made a lot of updates today to fill out the details on column mapping.)

As part of commit, we'll be doing some code reviews within Facebook next week and logging
a bunch of followup tasks; if you have any comments on the approach or implementation, please
pile on in JIRA.

I'll be giving this a quick mention at the Hive user's group later this month, and then a
more detailed presentation at the HBase User Group meeting in April.

View raw message