hive-user mailing list archives

From Tom Nichols <>
Subject selecting data where max is found
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:46:31 GMT
Hi Hive users,

I've got a somewhat convoluted query which I'm wondering how I would
translate it to hive...  It is similar to the first FAQ example here:
So following the example above, I could easily get the last run date
for each report, but how would I get the _user_ who last ran the
report?  It involves a join based on a subquery.  Conceptually this
seems like it wouldn't be difficult because I can carry all of the
columns while searching for a 'max' of one column in a M-R job...  it
just doesn't express itself in SQL quite the same way.

Is there a way to put the result of my inner select directly into
another Hive table and then my outer select would just join on that

View raw message