hive-user mailing list archives

From Aryeh Berkowitz <>
Subject RE: Missing Hive Execution Jar
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:53:54 GMT
I don't seem to have that configuration property in my hive-default. What should it be?

From: Carl Steinbach []
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: Missing Hive Execution Jar

I think it's complaining about the value you have set for the configuration property "hive.metastore.uris".
Are you setting this on the command line, or does it appear in your Hive configuration file?
If so, what is the value?

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Aryeh Berkowitz <<>>
Thanks Carl! I'm now getting the following error:

10/02/23 14:57:47 ERROR exec.DDLTask: FAILED: Error in metadata: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
URI:  does not have a scheme
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI:
 does not have a scheme
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.createTable(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI:  does not have a scheme
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createMetaStoreClient(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getMSC(
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(
        ... 15 more