hive-user mailing list archives

From Carl Steinbach <c...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Missing Hive Execution Jar
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:32:48 GMT
Hi Aryeh,

I greped through the source code for the string "does not have a scheme" and
traced it back to HiveMetaStoreClient.java where the error you see is
getting thrown. This code should print the value of 'hive.metastore.uris' in
the error message0, but it doesn't. I recommend modifying the code so that
it prints the value of this property when it throws the error message. Then
you will need to figure out where you are setting this value. If not in
hive-default.xml, then maybe you are setting it in hive-site.xml, or on the
command line using the -hiveconf switch?

Thanks.

Carl