hive-user mailing list archives

From Owen Raccuglia <oraccug...@hubspot.com>
Subject Alter Table Separators?
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:34:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to change a table's collection and map-key delimiters
-- I've found hints that it might be possible, but I can't figure out how to
actually do it. I started by creating a relatively simple table, with:

CREATE TABLE tracker_db ( [...] )
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '09' LINES TERMINATED BY '10'
STORED AS TEXTFILE;

Later, I added a MAP<INT, INT> to the end of the column list (the first
complex column). Now, I want to alter the collection item and map key
terminators (to be ',' and '|'); I've tried variations of SET PROPERTIES and
(in a bout of wishful thinking) an ALTER TABLE tracker_db SET ROW FORMAT
[...], all of which failed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Owen Raccuglia