hive-user mailing list archives

From Carl Steinbach <c...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How long should this take?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:58:46 GMT
Hi Andrew,

It's possible that the map is taking so long because you only have a single
map task running on your system. If this is a case, it's probably because
the apachelog table is an external table that references a non-splittable
file, for example a gzipped logfile. I recommend checking the tasktracker to
determine how many map tasks are running. You can rule out this problem if
you see more than one map task running.

Thanks.

Carl