hive-user mailing list archives

From Eric Arenas <eare...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem regarding external table
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:54:58 GMT
Hi Mohan,

Can you please paste your create table statement?

Also, have you checked that the target directory has data files that you want to load?

regards,
 Eric Arenas

________________________________
From: Mohan Agarwal <mohan.agarwal25@gmail.com>
To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 5:22:38 AM
Subject: Problem regarding external table

Hi,
    I am using hive over hadoop-0.19.0 , I have created a external table pointing its loaction
at certain specified directory, and I have  also copied the data file (macthing the table
structure) using hadoop dfs -put command to that specified directory , but when I am printing
the data of external table it is shows nothing. Even the count(1) on the external table is
giving 0.
    Please help me solve this problem.

Thanking You
Mohan Agarwal