hive-user mailing list archives

From Mayuran Yogarajah <mayuran.yogara...@casalemedia.com>
Subject Problem with LOAD DATA INPATH + partition
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:32:21 GMT
I have a table which has a partition that I load data into with:
LOAD DATA INPATH 'filepath' INTO TABLE summary PARTITION('..');

However, this moves the file addressed by /filepath/ into the table or
partition.  I
found out from the mailing list that I can get around this by doing:

CREATE EXTERTAL TABLE mytable (...) ... LOCATION "hdfs://.../"

But this doesn't allow me to specify a partition.  Is there some way I
can call
LOAD DATA and have Hive not move the file its loading?

thanks