hive-user mailing list archives

From Frederick Oko <frederick....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Group by week?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:14:53 GMT
Totally, if your input is sql date strings like 2009-08-04 while a generic
to_char with format string input could be added substr(pdate,1,7) is simple
means of extracting month -- tho instead of another udf it could be cool if
that could just be aliased to e.g. month_format() via config but I don't
think such is possible.

On Aug 4, 2009 8:47 PM, "Saurabh Nanda" <saurabhnanda@gmail.com> wrote:

> [btw from my experience support for handling dates in hive is extremely
weak, and code becomes hea...

That's the first thing I noticed -- lack of native date format. However, if
you mange the zero-padding while importing the data, storing dates as
strings works just fine.

I would recommend that instead of jumping hoops each time you need to run a
query.

Saurabh.
--
http://nandz.blogspot.com