hive-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Nanda <saurabhna...@gmail.com>
Subject Building hive from trunk
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:37:41 GMT
I've finally given up waiting for the nightly builds and have decided to
build Hive from trunk. Here's the command that I'm using:

ant -Dhadoop.version=0.18.3 package

When I've instructed to build against Hadoop v0.18.3 why does Ivy, then,
want to download all Hadoop versions?

[ivy:retrieve]     confs: [default]
[ivy:retrieve]     found hadoop#core;0.17.2.1 in hadoop-resolver
[ivy:retrieve]     found hadoop#core;0.18.3 in hadoop-resolver
[ivy:retrieve]     found hadoop#core;0.19.0 in hadoop-resolver
[ivy:retrieve]     found hadoop#core;0.20.0 in hadoop-resolver
[ivy:retrieve] downloading
http://archive.apache.org/dist/hadoop/core/hadoop-0.17.2.1/hadoop-0.17.2.1.tar.gz...

Also, what is the property target.dir used for? Is this something like
--prefix in configure & make scripts? Can't I move around the directory
containing the Hive build later?

Saurabh.
--
http://nandz.blogspot.com