hive-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Thusoo <athu...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: JDBC: Infinite while(rs.next()) loop
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:43:48 GMT
We will have to enable nightly builds with 0.20 on Hudson. That is still not done but can be
enabled after we brnach. We can branch out 0.4 today or latest by Friday now that 487 is in.

Ashish

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Capriolo [mailto:edlinuxguru@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:59 AM
To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC: Infinite while(rs.next()) loop

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Saurabh Nanda<saurabhnanda@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great! So how far is a release candidate or nightly build now ?
>
> Saurabh.
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Zheng Shao <zshao9@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Namit just committed Todd's patch of HIVE-487, so hive trunk is
>> already compatible with hadoop 0.20 now.
>>
>> Zheng
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Saurabh
>> Nanda<saurabhnanda@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Another line of reasoning -- if Hive-trunk is not compiling with
>> > Hadoop 0.20, then people with Hadoop 0.20 are anyways living with their bugs.
>> > That
>> > should not be a reason to not put out a new build. With a new
>> > build, at least people who're on newer versions of Hadoop get their
>> > Hive bug fixes & features.

>> > --
>> > http://nandz.blogspot.com
>> > http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com
>> >

>> --
>> Yours,
>> Zheng
>

> --
> http://nandz.blogspot.com
> http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com

Bill, I feel your pain on the nightly releases. At any given time I am working with four trunks,
and two major hadoop versions. On a related topic, I use linux-vserver.org I want to cook
up a system that can produce and test in distributed mode, something like hudson + vserver
to fire out 'appliances' but doing nightly should be pretty easy ill start on that first.