hive-user mailing list archives

From michal shmueli <>
Subject Complex Type and JDBC
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:01:02 GMT

I have a table with this schema: (int key, values MAP<String, String>). I
want to fetch the data from the table into local Map in my java code.
Following the hive JDBC example, I did :
String selectSql = "select * from " + tableName;
ResultSet res = stmt.executeQuery(selectSql);

To get the first attribute (the key ) i did: String user = res.getString(1);
Now I wish to get the data of values (the Map) into the local map, but I
don't know how to access the ResultSet such that it will keep the Map so i
don't have to parse the content. Is there such an option at all? if not,
does it mean that I can only keep the complex type within Hive and can't
utilize it to other parts?

View raw message