hive-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Thusoo <athu...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: how can I locate the error when test failed?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:47:20 GMT
Error reporting is really bad for execution time errors. One of the reasons is that in the
unit tests we use MapReduceTask.java to run the map/red job and that does it by calling the
hadoop script to launch the job. This may go away if the test is run in MiniMR mode but I
have seen such cryptic messages when execution fails on production nodes as well.

Ashish

________________________________
From: He Yongqiang [mailto:heyongqiang@software.ict.ac.cn]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:31 PM
To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: how can I locate the error when test failed?

try take a look at build/ql/tmp/

On 09-7-15 下午2:23, "Min Zhou" <coderplay@gmail.com> wrote:

When test failed,? we only see only see? message like below
??? [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Client execution results failed with error
code = 1
??? [junit]???? at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
??? [junit]???? at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestCliDriver.testCliDriver_udf_reverse(TestCliDriver.java:10692)
??? ... ommit

we don't know the reason why failed, how can i find it ?

Thanks,
Min