hive-user mailing list archives

From Min Zhou <coderp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible hiveserver both be a server and a client of itself?
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 02:52:42 GMT
Sorry, I didn't precisely express my meaning.  I didn't talk about a
supposition, but talked about a possible phenomenon may happen at hive.
The hiveserver may both be a server and a client of itself,  you can look at
the definition of HiveServer

public static class HiveServerHandler extends HiveMetaStore.HMSHandler ... {
}

It extends HiveMetaStore.HMSHandler, which provide the same function of
metastore .

public class HiveMetaStore extends ThriftHiveMetastore {

    public static class HMSHandler extends FacebookBase implements
ThriftHiveMetastore.Iface {
     // omit
    }

    // main entry of the MetaStore but didn't be called at this case
    }
}

there is no another standalone metastore server if you have up a hiveserver,
which is also a metaserver itself.

Min