hive-user mailing list archives

From Suhail Doshi <suh...@mixpanel.com>
Subject Python + Hive + Load Data
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 05:26:50 GMT
I seem to be having problems with LOAD DATA with a file on my local system
trying get it into hive:

li57-125 ~/test: python hive_test.py
Connecting to HiveServer....
Opening transport...
LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH '/home/hadoop/test/page_view.log.2' INTO TABLE
page_views
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "hive_test.py", line 36, in <module>
    c.client.execute(query)
  File "/home/hadoop/hive/build/dist/lib/py/hive_service/ThriftHive.py",
line 42, in execute
    self.recv_execute()
  File "/home/hadoop/hive/build/dist/lib/py/hive_service/ThriftHive.py",
line 63, in recv_execute
    raise result.ex
hive_service.ttypes.HiveServerException: {}

The same query works fine through the hive client but doesn't seem to work
through the python file. Executing a query through the python client works
fine if it's not a LOAD DATA. Unfortunately, I wish there was a better
message to describe why the exception is occurring.

--
http://mixpanel.com
Blog: http://blog.mixpanel.com