hive-user mailing list archives

From Min Zhou <>
Subject thread cofinement session state
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 03:03:15 GMT
Hi list,
   I found each invoke of HiveServer's execute method run in different
threads. Those threads which execute a HSQL query(not a client connection
may execute several pieces of queries), have not their own session state.
when I call SessionState.get(), it will return null beacuse session state on
this thread hadnot been constructed before. see also fragment of

  public static String getRealFiles(Configuration conf) {
    // fill in local files to be added to the task environment
    SessionState ss = SessionState.get();  // return ss will get null !!!

Is it a bug?

bytecode based virtual machine.

View raw message