hive-user mailing list archives

From Prasad Chakka <pra...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: hive sub query support
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:19:49 GMT
The query exactly as below is not supported but you can covert that query to a join and run
it
Prasad from bberry

________________________________
From: javateck javateck <javateck@gmail.com>
To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org <hive-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Mon Mar 30 16:04:35 2009
Subject: hive sub query support

Hi,

  I want to check if hive support some advanced queries, for example:

select col1, col2 from table1 where col3 in (select col3, count(col1) as c1 from table1 group
by col3 sort by c1 limit 15);

  This is an example of getting top 15 of col3, and find col1 and col2 in each of the top
15 col3.

  Not sure if hive has an easy simple query to achieve this, it seems that hive does not support
some complicated queries. And I don't know if there is any other more efficient way to do
this.

  thanks