hive-user mailing list archives

From Bob Schulze <b.schu...@ecircle.com>
Subject getting different row counts on each import
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:44:29 GMT
Hi all,

When I do a
"from t1 insert overwrite  table t14 select *;"
multiple times, I get different responses every time:

This row number varies for every attempt. A "select count(1) from t14"
brings yet a different number of (here 84968986).

The record count in the original file is 82518636, but even if some
records are dropped during import, perhaps because of format errors, I'd
expect to get the same number on every attempt..

What could be wrong?

?!