hive-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hive QA (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-16828) With CBO enabled, Query on partitioned views throws IndexOutOfBoundException
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 16:59:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16828?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16150829#comment-16150829
] 

Hive QA commented on HIVE-16828:
--------------------------------



Here are the results of testing the latest attachment:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12871529/HIVE-16828.patch

{color:red}ERROR:{color} -1 due to no test(s) being added or modified.

{color:red}ERROR:{color} -1 due to 6 failed/errored test(s), 11009 tests executed
*Failed tests:*
{noformat}
TestTxnCommandsBase - did not produce a TEST-*.xml file (likely timed out) (batchId=280)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestCliDriver.testCliDriver[insert_values_orig_table_use_metadata]
(batchId=61)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestMiniSparkOnYarnCliDriver.testCliDriver[bucketizedhiveinputformat]
(batchId=170)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestMiniSparkOnYarnCliDriver.testCliDriver[spark_vectorized_dynamic_partition_pruning]
(batchId=169)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestPerfCliDriver.testCliDriver[query14] (batchId=234)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestSparkCliDriver.org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestSparkCliDriver
(batchId=103)
{noformat}

Test results: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/6642/testReport
Console output: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/6642/console
Test logs: http://104.198.109.242/logs/PreCommit-HIVE-Build-6642/

Messages:
{noformat}
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.TestCheckPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.PrepPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ExecutionPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ReportingPhase
Tests exited with: TestsFailedException: 6 tests failed
{noformat}

This message is automatically generated.

ATTACHMENT ID: 12871529 - PreCommit-HIVE-Build

> With CBO enabled, Query on partitioned views throws IndexOutOfBoundException
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-16828
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16828
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: CBO
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.0, 2.1.1, 2.2.0
>            Reporter: Adesh Kumar Rao
>            Assignee: Vineet Garg
>         Attachments: HIVE-16828.patch
>
>
> {code:java}
> Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError: Internal error: While invoking method 'public org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer$TrimResult
org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer.trimFields(org.apache.calcite.rel.core.Filter,org.apache.calcite.util.ImmutableBitSet,java.util.Set)'
> at org.apache.calcite.util.Util.newInternal(Util.java:789)
> at org.apache.calcite.util.ReflectUtil$2.invoke(ReflectUtil.java:534)
> at org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer.dispatchTrimFields(RelFieldTrimmer.java:270)
> at org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer.trimChild(RelFieldTrimmer.java:213)
> at org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer.trimFields(RelFieldTrimmer.java:374)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.optimizer.calcite.rules.HiveRelFieldTrimmer.trimFields(HiveRelFieldTrimmer.java:394)
> ... 98 more
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
> at org.apache.calcite.util.ReflectUtil$2.invoke(ReflectUtil.java:531)
> ... 102 more
> Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError: Internal error: While invoking method 'public org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer$TrimResult
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.optimizer.calcite.rules.HiveRelFieldTrimmer.trimFields(org.apache.calcite.rel.core.Project,org.apache.calcite.util.ImmutableBitSet,java.util.Set)'
> at org.apache.calcite.util.Util.newInternal(Util.java:789)
> at org.apache.calcite.util.ReflectUtil$2.invoke(ReflectUtil.java:534)
> at org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer.dispatchTrimFields(RelFieldTrimmer.java:270)
> at org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer.trimChild(RelFieldTrimmer.java:213)
> at org.apache.calcite.sql2rel.RelFieldTrimmer.trimFields(RelFieldTrimmer.java:466)
> ... 107 more
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
> at org.apache.calcite.util.ReflectUtil$2.invoke(ReflectUtil.java:531)
> ... 110 more
> Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 94, Size: 94
> at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
> at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.optimizer.calcite.rules.HiveRelFieldTrimmer.trimFields(HiveRelFieldTrimmer.java:390)
> {code}
> Reproducible case:
> 1) set "hive.security.authorization.enabled" to "true" in "hive-site.xml".
> 2) {code:java}
> CREATE TABLE table1 (id int) PARTITIONED BY (year int)
> -- create partitioned view
> CREATE VIEW view1 partitioned on (year) as select id, year from table1;
> set hive.cbo.enable=true;
> select year from view1;
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Mime
View raw message