hive-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Owen O'Malley (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-14007) Replace ORC module with ORC release
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2016 00:55:58 GMT


Owen O'Malley commented on HIVE-14007:

Ok, I've updated the pull request and will post a new
patch once ORC 1.2.3 is released.

The patch ensures that the moved config variables don't create an error by adding them to
the exception map.

As to why the patch is changing test files, it is because the ORC project has a couple of
fixes and features that hadn't been back ported to Hive.

In particular,
* ORC-101 fixes the bloom filters to use utf-8 rather than the jvm default encoding. This
changes the size of the ORC files and their write version. There is an option to write the
old broken bloom filters in addition to the new ones.
* ORC-54 makes the default for schema evolution to be by name instead of position if the ORC
files has real column names. Some of the tests required the old behavior and so I changed
the names to match for the intended matches. Note that Hive 1.x never got the fix to encode
the real column names in the file metadata, so all files written by Hive 1.x will use positional

> Replace ORC module with ORC release
> -----------------------------------
>                 Key: HIVE-14007
>                 URL:
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: ORC
>    Affects Versions: 2.2.0
>            Reporter: Owen O'Malley
>            Assignee: Owen O'Malley
>             Fix For: 2.2.0
>         Attachments: HIVE-14007.patch, HIVE-14007.patch, HIVE-14007.patch, HIVE-14007.patch
> This completes moving the core ORC reader & writer to the ORC project.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message