hive-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hive QA (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-14090) JDOExceptions thrown by the Metastore have their full stack trace returned to clients
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 22:36:10 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-14090?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15357979#comment-15357979
] 

Hive QA commented on HIVE-14090:
--------------------------------



Here are the results of testing the latest attachment:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12815279/HIVE-14090.1.patch

{color:red}ERROR:{color} -1 due to no test(s) being added or modified.

{color:red}ERROR:{color} -1 due to 5 failed/errored test(s), 10287 tests executed
*Failed tests:*
{noformat}
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestCliDriver.testCliDriver_list_bucket_dml_12
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestCliDriver.testCliDriver_subquery_multiinsert
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestMiniLlapCliDriver.testCliDriver_vector_complex_all
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestMiniLlapCliDriver.testCliDriver_vector_complex_join
org.apache.hadoop.hive.llap.tezplugins.TestLlapTaskSchedulerService.testDelayedLocalityNodeCommErrorImmediateAllocation
{noformat}

Test results: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-MASTER-Build/329/testReport
Console output: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-MASTER-Build/329/console
Test logs: http://ec2-50-18-27-0.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/logs/PreCommit-HIVE-MASTER-Build-329/

Messages:
{noformat}
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.TestCheckPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.PrepPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ExecutionPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ReportingPhase
Tests exited with: TestsFailedException: 5 tests failed
{noformat}

This message is automatically generated.

ATTACHMENT ID: 12815279 - PreCommit-HIVE-MASTER-Build

> JDOExceptions thrown by the Metastore have their full stack trace returned to clients
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-14090
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-14090
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.1.0, 2.1.0
>            Reporter: Sahil Takiar
>            Assignee: Sahil Takiar
>         Attachments: HIVE-14090.1.patch, HIVE-14090.patch
>
>
> When user try to create any database or table with a name longer than 128 characters:
> {code}
> create database test_longname_looooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooongNametableFAIL;
> {code}
> It dumps the full exception stack-trace in a non-user-friendly message. The lends to
relatively negative user-experience for Beeline users who hit this exception, they are generally
not interested in the full stack-trace.
> The formatted stack-trace is below:
> {code}
> Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.
MetaException(message:javax.jdo.JDOFatalUserException: Attempt to store value "test_longname_looooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooongnametablefail2"
in column "`NAME`" that has maximum length of 128. Please correct your data!
> at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.NucleusJDOHelper.getJDOExceptionForNucleusException(NucleusJDOHelper.java:528)
> at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager.jdoMakePersistent(JDOPersistenceManager.java:732)
> at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager.makePersistent(JDOPersistenceManager.java:752)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.createDatabase(ObjectStore.java:569)
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor31.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RawStoreProxy.invoke(RawStoreProxy.java:114)
> at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.createDatabase(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_database_core(HiveMetaStore.java:923)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_database(HiveMetaStore.java:962)
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invokeInternal(RetryingHMSHandler.java:138)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invoke(RetryingHMSHandler.java:99)
> at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy12.create_database(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.ThriftHiveMetastore$Processor$create_database.getResult(ThriftHiveMetastore.java:8863)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.ThriftHiveMetastore$Processor$create_database.getResult(ThriftHiveMetastore.java:8847)
> at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)
> at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingProcessor$1.run(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:707)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingProcessor$1.run(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:702)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
> at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1693)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingProcessor.process(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:702)
> at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:286)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) NestedThrowablesStackTrace: Attempt to store
value "test_longname_looooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooongnametablefail2"
in column "`NAME`" that has maximum length of 128. Please correct your data! org.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusUserException:
Attempt to store value "test_longname_looooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooongnametablefail2"
in column "`NAME`" that has maximum length of 128. Please correct your data!
> at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.mapping.datastore.CharRDBMSMapping.setString(CharRDBMSMapping.java:263)
> at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.mapping.java.SingleFieldMapping.setString(SingleFieldMapping.java:201)
> at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.fieldmanager.ParameterSetter.storeStringField(ParameterSetter.java:159)
> at org.datanucleus.state.JDOStateManager.providedStringField(JDOStateManager.java:1256)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MDatabase.jdoProvideField(MDatabase.java)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MDatabase.jdoProvideFields(MDatabase.java)
> at org.datanucleus.state.JDOStateManager.provideFields(JDOStateManager.java:1346)
> at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.request.InsertRequest.execute(InsertRequest.java:289)
> at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSPersistenceHandler.insertTable(RDBMSPersistenceHandler.java:167)
> at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSPersistenceHandler.insertObject(RDBMSPersistenceHandler.java:143)
> at org.datanucleus.state.JDOStateManager.internalMakePersistent(JDOStateManager.java:3784)
> at org.datanucleus.state.JDOStateManager.makePersistent(JDOStateManager.java:3760)
> at org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObjectInternal(ExecutionContextImpl.java:2219)
> at org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObjectWork(ExecutionContextImpl.java:2065)
> at org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObject(ExecutionContextImpl.java:1913)
> at org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextThreadedImpl.persistObject(ExecutionContextThreadedImpl.java:217)
> at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager.jdoMakePersistent(JDOPersistenceManager.java:727)
> at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager.makePersistent(JDOPersistenceManager.java:752)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.createDatabase(ObjectStore.java:569)
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor31.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RawStoreProxy.invoke(RawStoreProxy.java:114)
> at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.createDatabase(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_database_core(HiveMetaStore.java:923)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_database(HiveMetaStore.java:962)
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invokeInternal(RetryingHMSHandler.java:138)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invoke(RetryingHMSHandler.java:99)
> at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy12.create_database(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.ThriftHiveMetastore$Processor$create_database.getResult(ThriftHiveMetastore.java:8863)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.ThriftHiveMetastore$Processor$create_database.getResult(ThriftHiveMetastore.java:8847)
> at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)
> at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingProcessor$1.run(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:707)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingProcessor$1.run(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:702)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
> at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1693)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingProcessor.process(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:702)
> at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:286)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) )
> {code}
> The ideal situation would be to just return the following message to Beeline users:
> {code}
> Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.
MetaException(message:javax.jdo.JDOFatalUserException: Attempt to store value "test_longname_looooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooonglooooooongnametablefail2"
in column "`NAME`" that has maximum length of 128. Please correct your data!)
> {code}
> And have the full stack trace should up in the HiveServer2 logs.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message