hive-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Naveen Gangam (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-12517) Beeline's use of failed connection(s) causes failures and leaks.
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 17:07:10 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-12517?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15032085#comment-15032085
] 

Naveen Gangam commented on HIVE-12517:
--------------------------------------

The test failures do not seem related to the fix.

> Beeline's use of failed connection(s) causes failures and leaks.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-12517
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-12517
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Hive
>            Reporter: Naveen Gangam
>            Assignee: Naveen Gangam
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 2.0.0
>
>         Attachments: HIVE-12517.patch
>
>
> Beeline adds a bad connection(s) to the connection list and makes it the current connection,
so any subsequent queries will attempt to use this bad connection and will fail. Even a "!close"
would not work.
> 1) all queries fail unless !go is used.
> 2) !closeall cannot close the active connections either.
> 3) !exit will exit while attempting to establish these inactive connections without closing
the active connections. So this could hold up server side resources.
> {code}
> beeline> !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000 hive1 hive1
> scan complete in 8ms
> Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
> Connected to: Apache Hive (version 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
> Driver: Hive JDBC (version 1.1.0-cdh5.7.0-SNAPSHOT)
> Transaction isolation: TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ
> 0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000 hive1 hive1
> Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
> Connected to: Apache Hive (version 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
> Driver: Hive JDBC (version 1.1.0-cdh5.7.0-SNAPSHOT)
> Transaction isolation: TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ
> 1: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000 hive1 hive1
> Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
> Connected to: Apache Hive (version 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
> Driver: Hive JDBC (version 1.1.0-cdh5.7.0-SNAPSHOT)
> Transaction isolation: TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ
> 2: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> !tables
> +------------+--------------+---------------------+-------------+----------+--+
> | TABLE_CAT  | TABLE_SCHEM  |     TABLE_NAME      | TABLE_TYPE  | REMARKS  |
> +------------+--------------+---------------------+-------------+----------+--+
> |            | default      | char_nested_1       | TABLE       | NULL     |
> |            | default      | src                 | TABLE       | NULL     |
> |            | default      | char_nested_struct  | TABLE       | NULL     |
> |            | default      | src_thrift          | TABLE       | NULL     |
> |            | default      | x                   | TABLE       | NULL     |
> +------------+--------------+---------------------+-------------+----------+--+
> 2: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> !list
> 3 active connections:
>  #0  open     jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
>  #1  open     jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
>  #2  open     jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
> 2: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000 hive1 hive1
> Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000
> Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
> 3: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000 (closed)> !tables
> Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
> 3: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000 (closed)> !list
> 4 active connections:
>  #0  open     jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
>  #1  open     jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
>  #2  open     jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000
>  #3  closed   jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000
> 3: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000 (closed)> !close
> Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
> 3: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000 (closed)> !closeall
> Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
> 4: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000 (closed)> !exit
> Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
> Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://localhost:11000: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
> {code}
> The workaround is to use !go to set the current connection to a "good" connection.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message