hive-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sushanth Sowmyan (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-10983) SerDeUtils bug ,when Text is reused
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 17:42:04 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-10983?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14605959#comment-14605959
] 

Sushanth Sowmyan commented on HIVE-10983:
-----------------------------------------

Not a problem! As part of the release process, I'm required to go unset all jiras marked for
older released releases, and that's what I was doing. :)

To expand further, the idea is that Fix Version is set to track which branches the commits
got committed to, and thus, should not be set unless this patch has already been committed
to those branches. So, now, for example, if this commit is committed to branch-1.2 to track
1.2.x, its fix version would be 1.2.2 once it is committed. Setting it to 1.2.0 would mean
that this was included as part of the 1.2.0 release, which it wasn't. So, for this, when a
committer commits a patch for this bug, if they commit it to branch-1.2, they should then
set the fix version to 1.2.2.


> SerDeUtils bug  ,when Text is reused 
> -------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-10983
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-10983
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: API, CLI
>    Affects Versions: 0.14.0, 1.0.0, 1.2.0
>         Environment: Hadoop 2.3.0-cdh5.0.0
> Hive 0.14
>            Reporter: xiaowei wang
>            Assignee: xiaowei wang
>              Labels: patch
>             Fix For: 2.0.0
>
>         Attachments: HIVE-10983.1.patch.txt, HIVE-10983.2.patch.txt, HIVE-10983.3.patch.txt,
HIVE-10983.4.patch.txt, HIVE-10983.5.patch.txt
>
>
> {noformat}
> The mothod transformTextToUTF8 and transformTextFromUTF8  have a error bug,It invoke
a bad method of Text,getBytes()!
> The method getBytes of Text returns the raw bytes; however, only data up to Text.length
is valid.A better way is  use copyBytes()  if you need the returned array to be precisely
the length of the data.
> But the copyBytes is added behind hadoop1. 
> {noformat}
> When i query data from a lzo table , I found  in results : the length of the current
row is always largr  than the previous row, and sometimes,the current  row contains the
contents of the previous row。 For example ,i execute a sql ,
> {code:sql}
> select *   from web_searchhub where logdate=2015061003
> {code}
> the result of sql see blow.Notice that ,the second row content contains the first row
content.
> {noformat}
> INFO [03:00:05.589] HttpFrontServer::FrontSH msgRecv:Remote=/10.13.193.68:42098,session=3151,thread=254
2015061003
> INFO [03:00:05.594] <18941e66-9962-44ad-81bc-3519f47ba274> session=901,thread=223ession=3151,thread=254
2015061003
> {noformat}
> The content  of origin lzo file content see below ,just 2 rows.
> {noformat}
> INFO [03:00:05.635] <b88e0473-7530-494c-82d8-e2d2ebd2666c_forweb> session=3148,thread=285
> INFO [03:00:05.635] HttpFrontServer::FrontSH msgRecv:Remote=/10.13.193.68:42095,session=3148,thread=285
> {noformat}
> I think this error is caused by the Text reuse,and I found the solutions .
> Addicational, table create sql is : 
> {code:sql}
> CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE `web_searchhub`(
>   `line` string)
> PARTITIONED BY (
>   `logdate` string)
> ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
>   FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\\U0000'
> WITH SERDEPROPERTIES (
>   'serialization.encoding'='GBK')
> STORED AS INPUTFORMAT  "com.hadoop.mapred.DeprecatedLzoTextInputFormat"
>           OUTPUTFORMAT "org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat";
> LOCATION
>   'viewfs://nsX/user/hive/warehouse/raw.db/web/web_searchhub' 
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message