hive-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hive QA (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-10801) 'drop view' fails throwing java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Sat, 23 May 2015 11:47:17 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-10801?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14557288#comment-14557288
] 

Hive QA commented on HIVE-10801:
--------------------------------



{color:red}Overall{color}: -1 at least one tests failed

Here are the results of testing the latest attachment:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12734946/HIVE-10801.2.patch

{color:red}ERROR:{color} -1 due to 1 failed/errored test(s), 8973 tests executed
*Failed tests:*
{noformat}
org.apache.hive.jdbc.TestMultiSessionsHS2WithLocalClusterSpark.testSparkQuery
{noformat}

Test results: http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/jenkins/job/PreCommit-HIVE-TRUNK-Build/4015/testReport
Console output: http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/jenkins/job/PreCommit-HIVE-TRUNK-Build/4015/console
Test logs: http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/logs/PreCommit-HIVE-TRUNK-Build-4015/

Messages:
{noformat}
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.PrepPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ExecutionPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ReportingPhase
Tests exited with: TestsFailedException: 1 tests failed
{noformat}

This message is automatically generated.

ATTACHMENT ID: 12734946 - PreCommit-HIVE-TRUNK-Build

> 'drop view' fails throwing java.lang.NullPointerException
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-10801
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-10801
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Hari Sankar Sivarama Subramaniyan
>            Assignee: Hari Sankar Sivarama Subramaniyan
>         Attachments: HIVE-10801.1.patch, HIVE-10801.2.patch
>
>
> When trying to drop a view, hive log shows:
> {code}
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,126 ERROR [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: hdfs.KeyProviderCache
(KeyProviderCache.java:createKeyProviderURI(87)) - Could not find uri with key [dfs.encryption.key.provider.uri]
to create a keyProvider !!
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,134 ERROR [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: metastore.RetryingHMSHandler
(RetryingHMSHandler.java:invoke(155)) - MetaException(message:java.lang.NullPointerException)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.newMetaException(HiveMetaStore.java:5379)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStore.java:1734)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invoke(RetryingHMSHandler.java:107)
> 	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy7.drop_table_with_environment_context(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:2056)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.drop_table_with_environment_context(SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.java:118)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.dropTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:968)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.dropTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:904)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.invoke(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:156)
> 	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy8.dropTable(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.dropTable(Hive.java:1035)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.dropTable(Hive.java:972)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.dropTable(DDLTask.java:3836)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.dropTableOrPartitions(DDLTask.java:3692)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:331)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:160)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:88)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1650)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1409)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.runInternal(Driver.java:1192)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1059)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1054)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.runQuery(SQLOperation.java:154)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.access$100(SQLOperation.java:71)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1$1.run(SQLOperation.java:206)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1657)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1.run(SQLOperation.java:218)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.Hadoop23Shims$HdfsEncryptionShim.isPathEncrypted(Hadoop23Shims.java:1213)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_core(HiveMetaStore.java:1546)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStore.java:1723)
> 	... 40 more
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,135 ERROR [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: exec.DDLTask
(DDLTask.java:failed(520)) - org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: MetaException(message:java.lang.NullPointerException)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.dropTable(Hive.java:1041)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.dropTable(Hive.java:972)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.dropTable(DDLTask.java:3836)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.dropTableOrPartitions(DDLTask.java:3692)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:331)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:160)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:88)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1650)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1409)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.runInternal(Driver.java:1192)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1059)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1054)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.runQuery(SQLOperation.java:154)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.access$100(SQLOperation.java:71)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1$1.run(SQLOperation.java:206)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1657)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1.run(SQLOperation.java:218)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> Caused by: MetaException(message:java.lang.NullPointerException)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.newMetaException(HiveMetaStore.java:5379)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStore.java:1734)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invoke(RetryingHMSHandler.java:107)
> 	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy7.drop_table_with_environment_context(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:2056)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.drop_table_with_environment_context(SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.java:118)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.dropTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:968)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.dropTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:904)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.invoke(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:156)
> 	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy8.dropTable(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.dropTable(Hive.java:1035)
> 	... 23 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.Hadoop23Shims$HdfsEncryptionShim.isPathEncrypted(Hadoop23Shims.java:1213)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_core(HiveMetaStore.java:1546)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStore.java:1723)
> 	... 40 more
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,135 INFO  [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: hooks.ATSHook
(ATSHook.java:<init>(84)) - Created ATS Hook
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,136 INFO  [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: log.PerfLogger
(PerfLogger.java:PerfLogBegin(121)) - <PERFLOG method=FailureHook.org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.hooks.ATSHook
from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,136 INFO  [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: log.PerfLogger
(PerfLogger.java:PerfLogEnd(148)) - </PERFLOG method=FailureHook.org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.hooks.ATSHook
start=1432209186136 end=1432209186136 duration=0 from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
> FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. MetaException(message:java.lang.NullPointerException)
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,136 ERROR [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: ql.Driver (SessionState.java:printError(957))
- FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. MetaException(message:java.lang.NullPointerException)
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,137 INFO  [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: log.PerfLogger
(PerfLogger.java:PerfLogEnd(148)) - </PERFLOG method=Driver.execute start=1432209185565
end=1432209186137 duration=572 from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,137 INFO  [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: log.PerfLogger
(PerfLogger.java:PerfLogBegin(121)) - <PERFLOG method=releaseLocks from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,137 INFO  [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: log.PerfLogger
(PerfLogger.java:PerfLogEnd(148)) - </PERFLOG method=releaseLocks start=1432209186137 end=1432209186137
duration=0 from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
> 2015-05-21 11:53:06,139 ERROR [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-197]: operation.Operation
(SQLOperation.java:run(209)) - Error running hive query: 
> org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED:
Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. MetaException(message:java.lang.NullPointerException)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.Operation.toSQLException(Operation.java:315)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.runQuery(SQLOperation.java:156)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.access$100(SQLOperation.java:71)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1$1.run(SQLOperation.java:206)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1657)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$1.run(SQLOperation.java:218)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: MetaException(message:java.lang.NullPointerException)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.dropTable(Hive.java:1041)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.dropTable(Hive.java:972)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.dropTable(DDLTask.java:3836)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.dropTableOrPartitions(DDLTask.java:3692)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:331)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:160)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:88)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1650)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1409)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.runInternal(Driver.java:1192)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1059)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1054)
> 	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.runQuery(SQLOperation.java:154)
> 	... 11 more
> Caused by: MetaException(message:java.lang.NullPointerException)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.newMetaException(HiveMetaStore.java:5379)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStore.java:1734)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invoke(RetryingHMSHandler.java:107)
> 	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy7.drop_table_with_environment_context(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:2056)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.drop_table_with_environment_context(SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.java:118)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.dropTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:968)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.dropTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:904)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.invoke(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:156)
> 	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy8.dropTable(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.dropTable(Hive.java:1035)
> 	... 23 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.Hadoop23Shims$HdfsEncryptionShim.isPathEncrypted(Hadoop23Shims.java:1213)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_core(HiveMetaStore.java:1546)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.drop_table_with_environment_context(HiveMetaStore.java:1723)
> 	... 40 more
> {code}
> The following code in HiveMetaStore seems to have caused this issue :
> {code}
>         if(!ifPurge) {
> .....
>             if (shim.isPathEncrypted(tblPath)) {
>               throw new MetaException("Unable to drop table because it is in an encryption
zone" +
>                 " and trash is enabled.  Use PURGE option to skip trash.");
>             }
>           }
>         }
> {code}
> It seems that the tblPath is still null when shims.isPathEncrypted is called.
> Thanks to [~asreekumar] for uncovering this issue !



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message