hive-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltan Haindrich <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] deprecation policy
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2018 08:01:44 GMT

Regarding dropping index support: I've thinked about it a few times earlier because it complicates
things; on the other hand I think there are no real user base behind it because parquet/orc
does a similar(better) optimization - without the extra need of sql ddls...the ticket have
reinforced my point of view.
Regarding lock/hpsql I'm not sure..but I think people are start watching tickets; and by doing
so keep an eye on these things...