hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <>
Subject Question on CachedStore cache update
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 19:57:10 GMT
I’m confused by the following code in the CachedStore.  This in in the
CacheUpdateMasterWork thread, in the updateDatabases method (which is
called by update()):

*// Skip background updates if we detect change*

*if *(*isDatabaseCacheDirty*.compareAndSet(*true*, *false*)) {

  *LOG*.debug(*"Skipping database cache update; the database list we have
is dirty."*);

Why are we not updating the cache if we’ve dirtied it?  Also, AFAICT no one
ever sets isDatabaseCacheDirty to false, meaning once one database is
created the cache will never be updated.  Am I missing something?