hive-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltan Haindrich <zhaindr...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: checkstyle changes
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 09:26:14 GMT
Hello Eugene!

I've looked into doing something with these; but I was not able to relieve the warnings you've
mentioned:

* the ;// is seems to be not configurable
   It seems like its handled by the whitespaceafter module; I'm not sure how to allow / after
;
* I think that indentation of 4 for many method arguments makes it more readable; so I think
it would be the best to just drop this check...but I've not seen any way to do this(w/o disabling
the whole indentation module...)

maybe someone else should take a look at it....I find it pretty hard to get docs about specific
chechkstyle configurations; since the search keywords mostly contain keywords like: semicolon,
whitespace, comment...which tends to pull in all kind of garbage results :)

cheers,
Zoltan