hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Liyun" <>
Subject RE: Anyone knows the problem I found in VectorizedLogicBench.IfExprLongColumnLongColumnBench?
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 21:29:22 GMT
Hi all:
Now I am using hive micro bench(HIVE-10189) to test the performance improvement of AVX2 and
When I test the VectorizedLogicBench.IfExprLongColumnLongColumnBench<>,
I found the result as following
When enabling AVX512:
o.a.h.b.v.VectorizedLogicBench.IfExprLongColumnLongColumnBench.bench             avgt
  10  1621602.652 ± 583775.700  us/op
When enabling AVX2:
o.a.h.b.v.VectorizedLogicBench.IfExprLongColumnLongColumnBench.bench             avgt
  10  1817855.876 ± 49289.868  us/op

You see that there is a great float for IfExprLongColumnLongColumnBench.bench, the  float
is 583775 and the average value is 1621602. It shows that the values in the test are very
discrete @Teddy, as you are more familiar with the code, do you know why the test data is
discrete? If the data is discrete, does this mean the test data  is not stable?

Appreciate to get some feedback from you!
Best Regards
Kelly Zhang/Zhang,Liyun