hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sahil Takiar <>
Subject [DISCUSS] Hive 2.3.2 bugfix release
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 17:52:46 GMT

There is a bugfix (HIVE-17831) that is required by other projects to get
correct information from Hive hooks, but it did not land in the 2.3.1
release due to time constraints. I am thinking on doing a quick bugfix
release to unblock Sentry on its next major release.

If there are no objections, I'd like to cut a RC in a couple of days. If
you'd like to land in any critical bug fixes, please feel free to do so
(subject to the usual restrictions that apply to a bug fix release: no
major changes/db changes/breaking changes). I will also be looking for
critical bug fixes from branch-2 and master and will try to get them into
the 2.3.2 release.

I'll wait for a couple of days for any response here, and start a vote

Sahil Takiar