hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal to create a branch for the standalone-metastore work
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:44:04 GMT
​I propose that we create a branch to continue the standalone metastore
work in.  So far we’ve been doing it in master one patch at a time.
However, the speed that we can produce patches outstrips the speed at which
we can get them reviewed, fully tested, and into master.  I would like to
put those patches in a branch so that others can review and contribute,
while not inflicting the not yet reviewed patches on master.​

I am not proposing to do all the development in the branch with a big-bang
commit/merge at the end.  That will painful for everyone.  We will continue
to move patches into master one at a time.  This means we’ll be rebasing
the branch from time to time.

Thoughts?  If there aren’t any objections I’ll do this in a few days.

Alan.