hive-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <zuinn...@gmail.com>
Subject Hive Custom Inputformat mapred.* vs. mapreduce.*
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:25:03 GMT
Dear all,

I have developed several custom input formats (e.g. for the Bitcoin
blockchain) including a HiveSerde, which are open source.
I plan to develop for my HadoopOffice inputformat also a HiveSerde, but I
wonder if I should continue to use mapred.* apis or if i should use
mapreduce.*

My inputformats support both APIs, but it seems that Hive is one of the
last (please correct me here) to use the mapred.* API

Personally, i have no preference, since I support both.

Thank you.

All the best