hive-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltan Haindrich <zhaindr...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Separating out the metastore as its own TLP
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 11:47:28 GMT

I think it would be great to move the metastore into a separate project - It seems to me that
some security related features/apis which are specific to the metastore are outside of it…so
separating the metastore would definetly mean a cleanup in this area as well - which will
in turn make the whole system more easily understandable.

I feel that the "storage-api” may also find a better home in the new metastore project -
since it defines an api used by Orc/etc to enable the usage of different storage drivers in
a somewhat similar way - (however: this might not be a good idea, in case we want to use the
storage-api module as the ‘declared’ api to support further storage drivers)