hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Pena <sergio.p...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop3 + hbase2 support in Hive
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:38:46 GMT
Aihua,

There are a few of JIRAs related to the Hadoop3 support:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16531 (This is the Umbrella for
Hadoop 3.x support)

I started the work on HIVE-15016 some time ago to run tests against the
alpha versions of Hadoop. This work was going to be in-progress for a while
until the Hadoop3 was released (to avoid committing patches for alpha
versions due to big changes happening between alpha releases and
instability).

I don't know how the rest of the community feels about this approach,
though. We could do something similar for Hbase.