hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: JSON reminder
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 18:34:09 GMT
This applies to Hive and blocks the 2.2 and 2.3 releases.  The issue has
not been resolved on master as well.

Alan.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com>
Date: Tue, May 23, 2017 at 6:57 AM
Subject: JSON reminder
To: legal discuss <legal-discuss@apache.org>

The grandfather exception closed last month:

"""
If you have been using it, and have done so in a *release*, AND there has
been NO pushback from your community/eco-system, you have a temporary
exclusion from the Cat-X classification thru April 30, 2017. At that point
in time, ANY and ALL usage of these JSON licensed artifacts are DISALLOWED.
"""

I think the VP Legal, now that we have one (Hi Chris!) should
remind the PMCs...