hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help to contribute in Hive
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 18:53:40 GMT
Prince, welcome to Hive.  Probably the best way is to find a JIRA no one else is working on,
assign it to yourself, and then start working on it.  I did a quick search on open JIRAs relating
to the thrift interface and found https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HIVE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Thrift%20API%22
but feel free to take on one from another area of Hive.  You may also find the wiki information
on contributing useful: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Home#Home-ResourcesforContributors

Alan.