hive-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <>
Subject [DISCUSS] Looking to the future hivemall graduation
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 06:15:23 GMT
Hivemall in the incubator has a fairly impressive set of features that do
machine learning directly from hive.

While we can not put the cart before the horse, i can imagine that upon
graduation hivemall would be a natural fit to become part of hive (maybe as
a  sub project).

I could imagine we can setup like we did for hcat where we make a subtree
and give commit rights to the tree eventually converting those interested
in other parts of hive to hive committers as well.

In any case hivemall devs, amazing work!