hive-dev mailing list archives

From Lefty Leverenz <leftylever...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why does HiveConf.java have explicit line breaks?
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2017 01:31:45 GMT
Those line breaks are for the generated template file
(conf/hive-default.xml.template), which formats configuration parameters
and their descriptions appropriately for hive-site.xml files.

For example, *hive.input.format* doesn't have explicit line breaks so its
long description is all on one line:
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/master/data/conf/hive-site.xml#L200-204.

Rather than removing "\n" in parameter descriptions, we should add them
where needed.

-- Lefty