hive-dev mailing list archives

From Nishadi Kirielle <ndimeshi...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Bitmaps field entries
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 06:04:26 GMT
Hi all,

I am a final year undergraduate from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
For the final year project, we are using the bitmap indexes created by Hive
and I need a little clarification on the bitmaps field entries in the
bitmap indexes.

After creating the bitmap indexes, the '_bitmaps' field of all the records
are similar and indicate an array as follows;

[1,2,4,8589934592,1,0]

Will it be possible to know what is represented by each entry in the array,
how is the Java Ewah created compressed bitmap array get converted to this
and why do all of them are similar in a single index table.

Thank you and regards
--
Nishadi Kirielle

Undergraduate