hive-dev mailing list archives

From Jae Young Do <>
Subject HIVE with C++ ORC Reader
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:17:33 GMT

My name is Jae Do from Microsoft Research. As a part of our ongoing project, we'd like to
use the C++ (not JAVA) ORC reader with HIVE.
Here're some questions we have at this point:

1.       I know that HIVE officially uses the JAVA ORC reader. Is there any forked version
of HIVE to use the C++ ORC reader? If not, how difficult would it be to modify HIVE to use
the C++ ORC reader? Any comment would be appreciated.

2.       Also I'd like to ask the progress about ORC-40 - Predicate push down for the C++
ORC reader<>. What's the current status
of this issue? Is there anyone who is working on this?

Thank you!