hive-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <prasan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HIVE with C++ ORC Reader
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 21:58:26 GMT
+ orc-dev list

> On Dec 12, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Jae Young Do <jaedo@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> My name is Jae Do from Microsoft Research. As a part of our ongoing project, we'd like
to use the C++ (not JAVA) ORC reader with HIVE.
> Here're some questions we have at this point:
>

> 1.       I know that HIVE officially uses the JAVA ORC reader. Is there any forked version
of HIVE to use the C++ ORC reader? If not, how difficult would it be to modify HIVE to use
the C++ ORC reader? Any comment would be appreciated.

> 2.       Also I'd like to ask the progress about ORC-40 - Predicate push down for the
C++ ORC reader<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-40>. What's the current status
of this issue? Is there anyone who is working on this?