hive-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TBLPROPERTIES appears to be ignored by custom inputformats
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:05:52 GMT
I assume it is related to lazy evaluation by the serde but this would require investigation
of the source code and log files.
If there is no exception in the log files then you forgot to log them (bad!). Use sonarqube
or similar to check your source code related to those kind of mistakes - saves debug and fixing
time.
At the same time, your inputformat should have either default values for configuration or
where not possible throw an exception if expected configuration is  it there.