hive-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Zagorulkin <zagorulki...@me.com>
Subject Re: HIVE-1555 [JDBCStorageHandler]
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 14:55:23 GMT
I have solved the first problem.
Looking forward for your clarification about other problems.

Thanks in advance.

> On 8 Nov 2016, at 13:08, Dmitry Zagorulkin <zagorulkinde@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have started work on HIVE-1555 feature.
>
> There are few questions:
>
> 1)  Current module structure looks like:
>
> ├── jdbc-handler.iml
> ├── pom.xml
> └── src
>    ├── java
>    │   └── org
>    │       └── apache
>    │           └── hive
>    │               └── storagehandler
>    │                   ├── JDBCStorageHandler.java
>    │                   ├── db
>    │                   │   ├── HiveJDBCTypeBridge.java
>    │                   │   ├── HiveJDBCVendorBridge.java
>    │                   │   └── mysql
>    │                   │       ├── HiveMySqlTypeBridge.java
>    │                   │       └── HiveMySqlVendorBridge.java
>    │                   └── serde
>    │                       └── JDBCSerde.java
>    ├── main
>    │   └── resources
>    └── test
>        └── java
>
> pom.xml fragment:
>
>  <build>
>        <sourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/java</sourceDirectory>
>        <testSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/test</testSourceDirectory>
>        <plugins>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
>                <executions>
>                    <execution>
>                        <goals>
>                            <goal>test-jar</goal>
>                        </goals>
>                    </execution>
>                </executions>
>            </plugin>
>        </plugins>
>    </build>
>
> So this module builds fine, but i could not see jdbc-handler-XXX-.jar inside lib directory.
> What should i add in assembly build.xml?
>
> 2) What is the main difference between HiveStoragePredicateHandler and HiveStorageHandler?
I’ve found that we need to implement HiveStoragePredicateHandler if storage handler needs
support decomposition of predicates being pushed down into table scans. Is it true that RDBMS
does not have this feature and i need to implement HiveStorageHandler?

> 3) I’ve found many useful classes like DBInputFormat,DBOutputFormat,{Oracle|Mysql*.Reader}
which exists in org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.db but org.apache.hadoop packages are excluded
from build. Should i use this classes in my code? Should i need to exclude filtering for org.apache.hadoop
group?