hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Making a stable release from branch 2
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:31:54 GMT
Hi all,
   I'd like to volunteer as a Release Manager for making a stable feature
release from branch 2. However, rather than starting with master, I'll use
the 2.1 release and cherry pick fixes and features with a focus on a stable
release and picking features that have been tested at scale. Testing a Hive
release at scale is hard, time consuming, and resource intensive, but I
think that having a stable release with some of the great features that
we've put into Hive 2 will help drive adoption of the new branch.

Thanks,
   Owen