hive-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Grandl <rgra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Data manipulation in Hive over Tez
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 23:43:08 GMT
Hi guys,
I am not sure where is the right place to post this question hence I send it to both hive
and tez dev mailing lists.

I am trying to get a better understanding of how the input / output for a task is handled.
Typically input stages read the data to be processed. Next, all the data will flow in forms
of key / value pairs till the end of the job's execution.

1. Could you guys can point me out to the key files where I should look to identify that?
I am mostly interested to intercept where data is read by a task and wher the data is written
after the task process the input  data.

2. Also, is there a way I can identify the types (and hence read the actual values) of a key
/ value pair instead of just Object key, Object value?
Thanks in advance,Robert