hive-dev mailing list archives

From Wei Zheng <>
Subject Re: Precommit test on a feature branch
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 21:06:29 GMT
Thanks Sergio. The branch we want to do test on is “hive-14535”. Appreciate your help!

From: Sergio Pena <>
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 13:15
To: Wei Zheng <>
Cc: "" <>
Subject: Re: Precommit test on a feature branch

There are 2 ways:

A) Execute a jenkins job manually, and specify the branch to test (Note: You need Jenkins
user/pass to do it):

B) Create a JIRA (it can be a Task jira) where you can attach a patch that tells Jenkins to
trigger tests in a specific branch:
For instance, HIVE-XXXX-branch-1.patch    (The patch can have a small change enough to trigger
a build)

For both options, we must have a properties file on the hiveptest server for such specific
Currently, we have the following properties:

We're working on making this easier, for for now we need to do the last piece manually.

What branch do you want to execute? I can create the properties file on the server.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Wei Zheng <<>>
Is there a way to run precommit test against a feature branch?