hive-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Remote debugging of HIVE code from Intellij
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:09:55 GMT
Hi Ranjan,

You can try the following query in the apache jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse>):

project = HIVE AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened) AND labels in (newbie, "newbie++",
newbiee, newbiew, newdev) AND assignee in (EMPTY)

Not sure that all of these are really easy ones, but you could check some of these, so you
could test yourself.
I am fairly new too, but happy to help :)

Peter

> On Sep 9, 2016, at 12:07 AM, Ranjan Banerjee <rabaner@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>    Thank you so much for pointing it out. I ran -Dtest=TestCliDriver and it worked!
>     On a sidenote I would like to contribute to the project. Is there any issue you would
suggest that I could look into.

> Thanks
> Ranjan

not a valid test name, so not test run in your case.

> Regards,
> Peter
>
>> On Sep 8, 2016, at 4:08 AM, Ranjan Banerjee <rabaner@microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>  I am trying to remote debug HIVE code from Intellij. Here are my steps:
>> 1)In HIVE folder: mvn clean install -Dskiptests  2)cd itests/qtest
>> 3)mvn clean install -Dskiptests
>>  4)mvn -Dmaven.surefire.debug -Dtest=TestPositiveCliDriver -Dqfile=acid_bucket_pruning.q
>>  I have setup the remote debugging config in Intellij and have put breakpoint in
sessionstate.java
>>  However I see that the test completes successfully and does not listen at the 5005
port. Can someone give some pointers as to why the mvn test is not stopping to listen at this
port?